The Spanish spent 2,020 million on mobile phones in 2004
I still have a hard time raising the millions in euros. 2,020 million euros is about 335,000 million of the old pesetas. That is close to what Spain spends on research and is the amount that the Spanish have spent on buying mobile phones in 2004. Crazy. Last year some 15 million terminals with the following characteristics were sold in Spain:
- Nine out of 10 terminals were purchased to replace a previous phone.
- 95% of new mobiles are multimedia with color screens.
- Between 40 and 60% of the terminals incorporate a camera.
- Phones with black and white screen and without GPRS or i-mode have disappeared.
- The average price of the devices is between 125 and 130 euros, the most sophisticated equipment exceeds 400 euros.